An individual’s health involves many areas of their life, and not everyone understands just how important each of the elements is to the enjoyment of better health. Although chiropractors are normally associated with spinal issues, they actually provide a wealth of health-related services. Wellness Services from a chiropractor are generally in one of seven categories.
- Spinal and posturing screenings are utilized to detect issues that may be related to back and other pains. Curvatures and posture issues are relatively simple to detect and treatments are generally effective.
- Decompression therapy is used to reduce compression of the spinal column. Strategies to gently stretch the spine are generally accepted treatments to relieve pain and pressure commonly experienced by patients.
- Weight loss is a major component of modern treatments. Excess weight contributes to painful conditions, suggesting targeted weight loss plans can be highly effective treatment options for reducing pain. Plans are tailored to individual needs, and healthy options are always recommended.
- Acupuncture, once a controversial treatment option, is now routinely used as a method of reducing pain levels, especially for patients who have not responded well to some other strategies. Acupuncture frequently reduces, or even eliminates, the need for prescription pain relievers.
- Corrective exercises are encouraged to eliminate bad habits a large percentage of the population have. Sitting up straight and walking properly can reduce the incidence of pain, and other exercises are routinely suggested to minimize pain in other parts of the body.
- Nutritional counseling, while related to weight loss, is important for anyone. Adjusting the intake of specific nutrients assists patients to heal quickly, improve strength, and generally feel better. Even when weight loss is not an issue, developing proper eating habits improves a patient’s general health.
- Lifestyle advice involves all areas of a patient’s life. From getting sufficient exercise to eliminating bad habits like smoking or consuming too much alcohol, lifestyle advice is important to attain an improved level of health.
While the importance of chiropractic care can’t be overstated, exploring associated wellness options generally improves the quality of life for patients of all ages. A variety of health specialists works cooperatively to develop care options for patients exploring proven ways to change their lives for the better.